Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, since the inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye due to infection makes the white part of the eye to look red or pink in color. Neonatal Conjunctivitis is also known as Opthalmia Neonatorum. Neonatal conjunctivitis manifests in the infant within the first 28 days of being born. It is generally acquired during the passage of the neonate through the infected birth canal. Neonatal conjunctivitis by non-sexually transmitted bacteria is less common when compared to the infection caused by sexually transmitted organisms. Some of the common microorganisms that cause the infection include Chlamydia trachomatis, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermis, Esterichia coli, Neisseria gonorrhea, other gram-negative bacteria and Herpes Simplex Virus. Neonatal Conjunctivitis can be caused not only by bacteria but also by chemical agents and viral agents. Definitive laboratory testing is required for proper diagnosis and identification of the causative organism. However, prophylactic treatment could be used to reduce the incidence of neonatal conjunctivitis this includes the use of silver nitrate that could prevent any infections in the neonate.
Factor Driving Neonatal Conjunctivitis Therapeutics
Increasing birth rate across the world drives the growth of the neonatal conjunctivitis therapeutics market. Furthermore, the increase in the prevalence of infectious diseases in particular neonatal conjunctivitis also drives the growth of the market. Increased awareness and screening of pregnant females for sexually transmitted diseases increases the treatment and precaution rate for neonatal conjunctivitis there by driving the growth of the neonatal conjunctivitis therapeutics market. Increasing R&D investments in new drug development is also fueling the growth of the neonatal conjunctivitis therapeutics market.
Neonatal Conjunctivitis Therapeutics
Chemically induced neonatal conjunctivitis generally recovers on its own and thus does not require any treatment. Given the high incidence of neonatal conjunctivitis, especially with Chlamydia conjunctivitis, systemic therapy is generally opted in such cases. A 14 day course of erythromycin is prescribed to most patients. Although macrolide antibiotics such as azithromycin, clarithromycin and roxithromycin may be more affective in cases of infection with Chlamydia, they are not well studied in neonatal conjunctivitis. Gonococcal conjunctivitis in neonates can be treated with ceftriaxone that is administered either intramuscularly or intravenously. Herpetic conjunctivitis in neonates can be treated using topical trifluridine solution.
Regional Market Outlook
Globally, the neonatal conjunctivitis therapeutic market can be divided into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the market for neonatal conjunctivitis therapeutics. High prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases and increasing awareness about neonatal conjunctivitis are some of the driving factors for the growth of the market in North America. The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid rate since the region is a highly lucrative market for neonatal conjunctivitis therapeutics. This is also due to the prevalence of infection and poor hygiene conditions in the developing countries.
Request for Sample Report : https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/23158
Examples of some of the key participants in the non-union fractures market are Merck & Co. Inc., Akorn Inc, Pfizer, Bayer AG, and others.
By Treatment Administration
- Intramuscular and intravenous
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Neonatal Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Market by treatment administration, by distribution channel and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by test type, end user and country segments
- Neonatal Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Neonatal Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Market Size & Forecast, 2018-2026
- Competition & Companies involved
Request for methodology : https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/methodology/23158
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size
- Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of testing, cost of test, specificity and sensitivity of test kits
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume